About the Brookline High School Alumni Association
The Brookline High School Alumni Association was founded in 1990 and has grown tremendously since then. With the support of a core group of active alumni, the Association has:
- Become an independent tax-exempt corporation of volunteers not supported financially by the school or the town.
- Created a database of more than 27,000 graduates.
- Established contact with a representative of every graduating class since 1925.
- Assisted numerous reunion classes in planning their events. We oversee and administer many reunion class financial accounts.
- Hosted a number of successful events, including the annual Teacher's Appreciation Breakfast and annual reception for the 50th reunion class, a jazz concert and many other events bringing together faculty, students, alumni and the community.
- Served on a number of BHS committees, including the Athletic Hall of Fame and the High School Renovation Committee.
- Produced and distributed a twice-yearly newsletter, jam-packed with information about the high school and its graduates.
- Designed and sold high school memorabilia, including hats, mugs, T-shirts, etc. through the mail and at key events like the annual Thanksgiving football game and the Boston Marathon.
- Funded an annual scholarship program for deserving BHS students exemplify school spirit and pride.
- Published a history of the high school, written by former headmaster Dr. Bertram H. Holland.
- Planned, funded and ran two successful programs celebrating the school's sesquicentennial, raising substantial funds for high school programs.
- We have moved into our new offices in the new main entrance of school, which is known as "Alumni Hall".
- Most importantly, we continue to be an invaluable resource for reunion classes, providing everything from names and addresses of graduates to suggestions for reunion locations to financial assistance!
We hope that you enjoy the site, please pass the web address onto your alumni friends and visit often.